High performance meets versatility with the L3230 materials compound microscope for professionals, industry and research
Ideal for a wide range of detailed inspection tasks and research in metallurgy, materials, precision engineering and electronics, the L3230 materials microscope provides a clear, precise and high contrast image with a wide field of view. Its transmitted and reflected illumination provides versatility for viewing different sample types, such as polished metals, powders, particles or emulsions.
The L3230 materials microscope by GX Microscopes features fully plan achromatic objective lenses with infinity optics, ensuring a fully focused, clear image across the full field of view. This is enhanced further by having Köhler illumination capability on both the reflected and transmitted illumination, with adjustable field diaphragms and iris diaphragms for optimal contrast.
Its trinocular head ensures the microscope is ready for the attachment of a camera (with the addition of a camera adapter) should you need to capture images or videos, or/and perform measurements or analysis of the sample.
- Trinocular head inclined at 30˚ with eyepiece interpupillary adjustment of 53~75 mm for comfortable viewing.
- Camera port (requires the relevant camera adapter for attaching a camera – see the accessories tab and please enquire if you require assistance in finding the most suitable adapter/camera combination).
- A full set of high quality plan achromatic materials objectives on a modern reversed quintuple objective turret.
- A standard magnification range of 50x – 600x (optional objective lenses are available to further expand this up to 1000x).
- A mechanical stage with ergonomically positioned controls for XY movement.
- Coarse and fine focus control with 2μm accuracy and ergonomically positioned focus knobs.
- The focussing tension can be adjusted and a focus lock protects the objectives from damage.
- Extra-widefield FN22 eyepieces
- Illumination is provided from an integral reflected light illuminator and transmitted (base) illumination, both with a LED lamp with adjustable intensity, field and aperture diaphragms.
- Includes a rotatable polariser to minimise glare from reflective surfaces, plus a set of yellow, green, blue and frosted glass diffusion filters.
- Metal microscope body for durability
- Options include a range of camera adapters, digital cameras, image analysis software, additional objectives and eyepieces (see the accessories tab and please enquire if you require assistance).
The L3230 is equipped with an adjustable field diaphragm and iris diaphragm for both the transmitted and reflected lamps, allowing the microscope to be set up accurately for Köhler illumination. This ensures the highest possible image quality and realises the full potential of system’s fully plan achromatic optics.
Reduced glare from reflective surfaces
Due to the nature of the samples viewed under a metallurgical microscope, many of the sample surfaces are highly reflective which can cause glare through to the eyepieces. This is exaggerated further when viewing the sample through a camera. The built-in rotatable polariser and diffuser filter on the L3230 both act to minimise this glare.
See more of your sample
Extra-widefield FN22 eyepieces provide a wide field of view, enabling you to see more of your sample.
Additional product information
|Brand and ID Number||GX Microscopes by GT Vision Ltd | Product ID: 0295|
|Eyepieces and Objectives||10X widefield eyepieces|
4 plan achromatic, infinity corrected long working distance objectives:
|Head||Trinocular head, 30 degree inclined eyepiece tubes, with interpupillary distance adjustment|
|Stand & Focus Mechanism||Substantial Stand, with coaxial Coarse/Fine Focus Mechanism, Tension Adjustable, Limit Stopper|
|Stage and Condenser||Abbe Condenser on Rack and Pinion|
|Illumination||Illumination is provided from an integral reflected light illuminator with a LED lamp equivalent to 50W halogen with adjustable intensity, field and aperture diaphragms, polariser and set of Y, G, B and diffusion filters. Transmitted light is from a LED lamp with adjustable intensity and field diaphragm for koehler illumination, projected through an adjustable aperture condenser on a rack and pinion.|